Aito 4WD Safari Tour
Set off on a safari experience and explore the volcano's internal crater and incredible landscapes. Visit a pineapple plantation, Moorea's Lycée Agricole (agricultural school) and its huge vanilla, banana, grapefruit and lemon plantations to name but a few. Then head to a marae before driving to the Belvedere for stunning views of Cook and Opunohu bays. On the way, you can taste the fruit juices of the boutique of the Manutea distillery (not open to the public). The final stop will be the Magic Mountain. You will reach the top by following a little path lined with fruit trees. Up there, you will enjoy one of the most amazing view of the island of Moorea.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by 4WD
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moorea, Moorea, Society Islands
After morning pickup at your hotel, travel by open-air 4WD truck along scenic roads as you tour Moorea. While most roads are now paved, your 4WD allows your driver to navigate rugged terrain during your island exploration. A roof provides shade while the open-air vehicle allows the cooling tropical breeze and birdsong to be easily experienced during the journey.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Taputapuatea Marae, Opoa 98735 French Polynesia
After your stop at the fruit farms, head to an ancient temple site known as a marae, the earliest of which date back to 900 AD. Get a glimpse of what were once large temple sites as you take in stone platforms surrounded by encroaching jungle while your guide explains the significance of the site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lycee Agricole Opunohu, Route du Belvedere, 98729 French Polynesia
Visit a pineapple plantation and the Agriculture School (Lycée Agricole) to see fields where pineapple, banana, grapefruit, lemon and vanilla beans grow in abundance. You may want to purchase the delicious jams and fresh fruit juices made at the school.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Belvedere Lookout, French Polynesia
Hop back in your 4WD for the journey to the spectacular Belvedere lookout. Marvel as you gaze over Mt Rotui and jagged peaks that plunge into the shimmering seas of Opunohu Bay and Cook’s Bay. Next, get the crown jewel of island views when you drive up a steep private road to Magical Mountain. A short walk along a path lined with fruit trees takes you to a lookout point with amazing views. Admire the dramatic landscape of this ancient volcanic island, considered by some to possess the most beautiful scenery in the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note that for tours/transfers on Mondays and Week-End days, bookings must be made at the latest 72hours before.If not, the tour/transfer may not be available due to process delay.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/1/2020 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Saturday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM Monday - Saturday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please brings closed-toe shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers suffering from motion sickness
- Not recommended for travelers suffering from excess weight
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.