Cannibal Caves Tour, visit a Fijian Village, take part in Kava Ceremony
This tour will give you a mix if things to discover and experience Fiji. You will witness existence of human cannibalism in the village caves. You cannot miss to visit here while in Fiji. This exciting tour travels by a private vehicle to the village, canoe across the river (subject to water level) then short walk to the cannibal cave. You will not be bored for a minute that's for sure, we will stop at several places along and drive through scenic mountain and coastal routes so that you get the most out of your time spent on this tour. Our tour guide will tell you the history of Fiji, the original arrival of Fijians, Indians and others in Fiji under the British rulings and the country as it is now. There will be hardly anything left that you will not know about Fiji by the time this tour ends. Our tour driver/guide is exceptionally friendly, we are accommodating, we will look after you on this tour and bring you back to the hotel safely with big smile on your face.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Toilet facilities for men and women
- Pick up from hotel or the port and drop off to the hotel or the port
- Safety Shoes, Torch to Enter caves, Village Cave Expert
- Entry/Admission - Lawai Pottery Village
- Entry/Admission - Naihehe Caves
What's excluded :
- Personal care items, such as, sun lotion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Nadi, Nadi, Viti Levu
You will pass through Nadi town. It is one of the busiest local tourist towns, you will be able to observe the old colonial style towns filled with locals and tourists. If you need to get to the bank for money change and then you might be able to ask the tour guide for a brief stop over at on of the local money exchange places.
Pass By: Sri Siva Subramaniya Temple, Queens Rd, Nadi, Viti Levu Fiji
This is one of the largest Hindu temples in southern hemisphere. It is open everyday of the week for worshippers and visitors. It is one of the famous places where lot of tourist go to for a quick look around, prayers, or even to receive blessings from priests. If you are interested then the tour guide may be able to stop over at this place for a short 15 - 20 minute experience
Stop At: Sigatoka, Fiji
Sigatoka is vibrant coral coast town that connects to coastal hotels, local villages and serves a community of about 10,000 people in the district. It is well known for famous river that runs past the beautiful town, tourist shopping, fresh fruits and vegetable supply to many parts of Fiji and other tourist things to do in the closer vicinity. You can stop over briefly for a quick walk around the place to feel the local atmosphere.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lawai Pottery Village, Sigatoka Valley Road, Sigatoka, Viti Levu Fiji
This village has unique skills of making the handicraft items out of clay and other natural materials that are sold as souvenirs to hundreds of tourists which they can take to their home country. You don't have to buy but you will be amazed to see what they create.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Naihehe Caves, Sigatoka, Sigatoka, Viti Levu Fiji
Begin with a traditional kava ceremony in the village. Kava tasting if you have never tasted kava.
Once the villagers has accepted the kava protocols then a short walk to the Sigatoka river.
Ferry to the other side of the river on a bamboo raft and a 15 minutes walk through native bush and farms brings you to the cave.
Enter into the cave and discover the different chambers that plays a different roles in the olden days. Learn more from the tour guide as he tells the fascinating history of this area.
Take note of the names of the chambers such as the pregnancy gap, the oven cooking chamber and many more interesting chambers
Return to the village for delicious Fijian food
Local entertainment and dance with the locals.
A farewell song of Isa Lei will be sung by the villager
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Nalovo, Fiji
There are few country towns in the vicinity of Nalovo, we will stop over briefly at major Nawai junction to see the rural settlement of Indians during British Colonial ruling of Fiji. This place is very historic. It has local primary school, secondary school, police post and community temple. You will see local farm houses different to that built in Western countries, sugar cane crops, some villager's selling their produce on the roadside market and a general country look in the tropical place
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please state the name of your hotel at the time of booking. We will pick up from hotel foyer for all onshore mainland hotels. Airports
- Nadi Intl Airport, Nadi, Viti Levu Fiji
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Coral Coast Customers - If your pick-point location is in Coral Coast region then this tour will not travel to Nadi Town and Nadi HinduTemple
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.