Full-Day Abaca Village Tour
Enjoy the scenic drive through one of Fiji's national heritage parks. The Koroyanitu National Park is one of the oldest national parks in the South Pacific Region. It is only a short drive from Nadi, but feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of the Viti Levu’s busy coastal towns. The trails through the park wind their way through native “Dakua” Pacific Kauri forests and grass lands, and on to beautiful jagged peaks clad in alpin lichens and rolling mists. ABACA is a National Heritage Park, home to some of our native birds and fauna. Partake in the welcome kava ceremony, followed by a guided tour of the village, trekking and bird-watching, waterfall swimming, then lunch back at the village.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Koroyanitu National Heritage Park
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Your transport will pick you from your respective hotel in Nadi and it takes approximately an hour to drive to this mystic village known as ‘ABACA’, the home of the Gods (Koroyanitu Mountain range).
The Koroyanitu National Park is one of the oldest national parks in the South Pacific Region. It is only a short drive from Nadi, but feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of the Viti Levu’s busy coastal towns. The trails through the park wind their way through native “Dakua” Pacific Kauri forests and grass lands, and on to beautiful jagged peaks clad in alpine lichens and rolling mists.
There are six small and largely self-sufficient villages within the park that cooperate as part of a conservation project intended to protect Fiji’s only unlogged tropical montane forest.
ABACA is a National Heritage Park, home to some of the native birds and fauna. The drive gives you a birds’ eye view of the Mamanuca and Yasawa group of islands, as well as the city of Lautoka with lots of photo opportunities.
On arrival at the village, a Welcome Kava Ceremony will be carried out in your honor before you will meet your guide/host who will brief and fill you in on the history and lifestyle of the villagers before you take on the trek which is approximately 4-hours return.
On the trek to the spectacular waterfalls, the guide will keep you informed of the wildlife and herbal medicines. A great opportunity for bird watching as well.
A Fijian lunch will be served on your return to the village. Enjoy more photo stops followed by a visit to the local fruit, vegetable and handicraft markets before drop off at your respective hotel.
Departure Point :Denarau, Nadi and Lautoka Hotels, or Intercontinental Resort & Spa, The Shangri-La Fijian Resort & Geckos Retreat Hotel
Return Detail :Return to same departure location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Advisable to bring: towels, comfortable walking shoes, spare change of clothes, camera, mosquito repellent and a sarong per person
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking, vegetarian option is available
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.