Full-Day Chief Roi Mata Domain, Artok Island and Rainforest Tour of Vanuatu
The Lelepa Region communities have only recently developed this fascinating guided, full-day tour to Artok or Hat Island, the revered mass burial site of Chief Roi Mata and the fifty or more individuals who accompanied him to the afterlife. Immediately after Roi Mata’s burial, around 400 years ago, a prohibition was imposed on the island preventing people from residing there. The maintenance of this prohibition for over four centuries has led to the development of a unique biodiversity on the island, where a number of rare and endemic plant and animal species have found refuge. Visitors will be treated to an exclusive day-long adventure that will provide people with an appreciation of the World Heritage values of this spectacular island and its rich cultural and environmental history. This tour includes lunch and transportation in a fully air-conditioned vehicle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Afternoon tea
- Local, professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport in a fully air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Enjoy a full-day Roi Mata tour from Port Vila. This tour entails:
• The breath-taking beauty of Artok’s rich cultural landscape, protected by custom law for over 400 years
• The mass burial site of the great Chief Roi Mata, buried with over 50 members of his family and court
• A guided tour through an ancient rainforest, unique to Vanuatu
• Fels Cave, where the great chief took his last breath, and ancient rock paintings
• Picturesque afternoon tea/coffee at one of the secluded sandy beaches
• Bus transfers to and from North Efate
• Scenic boat trips to and from the World Heritage Sites
Lunch is included in your tour.
This tour is also available for clients coming off a cruise. Starts 45 minutes after the cruise ship actually berths and finishes 1 hour before scheduled departure time.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bauerfield Airport, Port Vila, Efate Vanuatu
- Lapetasi International Wharf, Port Vila, Vanuatu
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.