Full-Day Navala Village Tour
Take a trip to Navala Village, a real authentic Fijian village. You will witness a welcome kava ceremony followed by a tour of the hydrocarbons, typical homes that are made of straw and wood from its nearby valleys and forests. The floors of hydrocarbons are generally made of clay and covered with coconut leaves mats. Navala is actually three settlements put together. It is protected by mountains and ridges. You can also enjoy a dip in the cool refreshing cascading river that runs next to the village but that is after you have had you fill from the typical Fijian lunch prepared.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Navala Village
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- You will be picked up from your respective hotels before driving approximately 2.5-hours through Lautoka City, Ba Town and the beautiful valleys and picturesque hillsides and great views to Navala.
Once at the top of the mountain range, you will have a great panoramic view of the Yasawa group of islands. Set amidst the stunning mountains on the Ba River, Navala is a 200 year old, picturesque village built in the old ways, preserving the traditional native ‘bure’ or thatched hut there are about 100 bures in total; Navala is home to roughly 1000 people.
Once at the village, you will be welcomed in the traditional way with a welcome kava ceremony. You will then be taken on a guided tour of the village, the village school, mingle with the locals and hear old legends and stories of this beautiful, ancient village. This will be the perfect time to take pictures with the locals and the beautifully preserved homes they live in. You can then take a dip in the cool waters of the nearby river then lunch at the village.
You will also witness various activities such as coconut tree climbing and also sample the cool coconut juice from a freshly picked coconut. All this and more before being dropped back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Nadi, Nadi, Viti Levu
Departure Time :Nadi Area Hotels: 9:00am Denarau Hotels: 8:45am Lautoka Area Hotels: 9:30am
ORIntercontinental Resort & Spa: 9:00am The Shangri-La Fijian Resort: 8:45am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Advisable to bring: towels, comfortable walking shoes, spare change of clothes, camera, mosquito repellent and a sarong per person
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking, vegetarian option is available
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.