Half-Day Sightseeing and History Tour of Apia Township & Surrounds
Enjoy a guided tour of Apia and learn about the history that formed it. You will be shown places of historical interest and significance and be given a greater insight into how Samoa has evolved into the country that it is today. Sights include Mulinu'u the sacred burial grounds of chiefly Samoan families, the German monument - a nod to when Samoa was a colonial territory of Germany, a beautiful old church with wonderful stained glass windows and the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum. Museum entry is included in the price of the tour.
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- After pick up from your hotel the tour will start at Mulinu’u the sacred burial grounds of the chiefly families of Samoa followed by a viewing of Parliament House, Independence Monument, Lands & Titles Court, the German Monument (where the German flag was raised) and onto the landing site of the first Catholic Missionary to Samoa. The Tour then continues through the University of the South Pacific Agricultural Campus where cross breeding of varieties of crops are experimented (drive through campus). You will then stop at the Moamoa Theological College to view a very old church with exquisite stained glass windows. The last stop on the tour is at Robert Louis Stevenson’s former home which is now a museum. Set in magnificent gardens and housing artifacts from the period when he was residing in Samoa the colonial style house has a lot of history and very interesting stories are told by the guides. You will enjoy walking around and absorbing the atmosphere of times gone by.
Departure Point :Apia, Samoa
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.