Moorea Three Coconuts Trail Guided Hike
Hike through the rainforest and see the peaks of Moorea with a professional local guide. Start at the spectacular Belvedere lookout and follow the Three Coconuts Trail through lush foliage to a pass with spectacular views over the island. Refresh yourself at a waterfall and learn about French Polynesia's geology, flora and fauna on this moderately paced, 4-mile (7-km) trek in the rainforest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Drinking water
- After pickup at your Moorea hotel, a guide drives your group up steep winding roads to the Belvedere lookout where your 4-mile (7-km) hike begins. Marvel at the panoramic views of the Opunohu Valley from this breathtaking lookout before hitting the trail.
Follow your guide along a path that leads you through forests filled with ferns and towering Tahitian Chestnut trees, before climbing steadily to a pass. Along the way, your guide points out plants that Polynesians traditionally use for fishing, cooking, and making tapa cloth. You also learn to identify a range of bird calls and where to look for bird nests.
When you reach the foot of Mt Mou’a Roa, take in the sight of the ancient volcano's caldera and gaze at the distant peaks of Mt Rotui, Mt Tohiea and Mt Mou’a Puta. Rising dramatically from the waters of Cook's Bay, the steep jagged peaks of Mt Mouaputa are a photographer's dream. According to local legends, the hole in the middle of its peak was the result of a spear hurled by a powerful deity.
Once you have had some time to admire the stunning views and take photos, return along the same trail, stopping for a refreshing dip at a waterfall. After about three hours of walking at a relaxed pace, rejoin your vehicle for the ride back to your hotel, where your 4-hour tour ends.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please note that for tours/transfers on Mondays and Week-End days, bookings must be made at the latest 72hours before.If not, the tour/transfer may not be available due to process delay.Please note that the departure of this activity is scheduled at 08:00 a.m. Consequently, Cruise ship dock pick-up will not be possible. Please refer to the pick up location before booking
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please brings closed-toe shoes suitable for walking, sunscreen, hat and insect repellent
- Please bring drinking water
- A moderate level of fitness is required
- Minimum of 2 people required for the tour to proceed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.