Mountain to Mangrove
On this Full Day Tour you will journey an ancient, hidden, high mountain trail. Descend 2,000ft to the magnificent south coast. Experience rainforest, giant ferns, lofty grazing country and remote plantations.
We enter raw plantation county then finally meet civilization and the Main South Coast Road. Then to Vai Villas Samoa, an authentic and rich blend of sustainability, ecology, culture, marine exercise and fun where you will take an invigorating dips in a spring fed pool after the hike.
Kayak through the overhanging mangroves, twisting and turning your way 1.5km to the beach on Safata Bay for another dip. Return through the mangroves to a scrumptious dinner on the verandah of the Vai Villa Lodge.
No minimum number required for bookings - perfect for solo adventurers, couples and small groups!
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off Apia area only. Contact us for alternative options if staying outside of Apia
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Entry/Admission - Samoan Highland Adventures
- Entry/Admission - Vai Villas
What's excluded :
- Pick-up and drop-off Outside Apia. Contact us for alternative options if staying outside of Apia
- Bottled water - Please bring your own water - 2 litres per person recommended.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Samoan Highland Adventures, Beach Rd, Apia, Samoa
8:00am Pick up at central Apia accommodation and off up the Cross Island Road to drop-off point, a brief 1km walk along a 4WD road to the overgrown Lake Lanoto’o “car park”.
9:00am Lake Lanoto’o Car Park From the car park we set off on our 10km trek along a disused “bush track” across the volcanic spine of Upolu’s mountain range. Some mud on this section. Shortly we begin our long decent through rainforest toward the south coast.
10:15am RAINFOREST BREAK under a huge and historical a’oa (banyan) tree. You’ll feel kinship with the ancient Samoan travellers as you descend through this forgotten high country.
11:15am PLANTATIONS Passing through highland pasture we may encounter a local ranch hand riding his horse Samoan style. We enter raw plantation county then finally meet civilization and the Main South Coast Road.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Vai Villas, Samoa
12:30pm VAI VILLAS at LOTOFAGA A well-deserved swim in a spring fed pool then a tasty refreshing brunch.
1:30pm MANGROVE KAYAK 1.5km through this pristine winding Jurassic mangrove ecosystem.
2:45pm SWIM in SAFATA BAY Momentarily cast the kayaks aside and plunge into the waters of this beautiful and serene bay. Leisurely return.
4:00pm VAI VILLAS FALE Early Dinner with host Lua. Bid adieu to our wonderful hosts after an unforgettable adventure.
Approx. 5:45pm RETURN to Apia.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off to all central Apia Hotels. If you are staying outside of Apia we can meet you at the Sheraton Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows parking lot.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Experience: Basic kayak experience is required - paddle may include currents due to incoming/outgoing tides
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Sturdy footwear required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.