Neighborhoods of Nadi Walking Tour with Traditional Fijian Lunch
Escape resort life and see what local Fijian life is like in Nadi on this 3 hour, small group walking tour. Markets burst with locals and tourists alike, shopping for fresh produce and where street stalls selling coconut juice and Indian sweets beckon. Finish it all off with a lunch that will show off the true tastes of Fiji. Your Nadi walking tour will give you a taste of a day in the life of the locals, taking you past the small shops, into the public market and giving you the chance to interact with the Fijian people all around you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
- Tips and gratuities for the guide
- First up, you will get to know the city better with a wander through Nadi town, past the Hindu temple which is a popular site for tourists. From the temple, you will escape the tourist route and start digging into local life — and what better place to experience daily life than at the local market.
You will head to the public market and join the hustle and bustle as locals shop for vegetables, seasonal local fruits, fresh seafood, and river mussels. Learn about the kava sessions that happen in the market, and visit a popular bread shop for their morning cream buns. Explore small cafés owned by local Chinese families that open in the early hours of the morning and are a hot spot for grabbing a tea and hearty breakfast.
Straight after the market, head over to a popular snack corner (locals call it a bean cart), where you can try some fresh peas and Indian sweets. These snacks are a part of many young Fijians’ lives as they’re growing up, the bean cart is a popular pit stop for students before they board their bus home. There are many bean carts with similar sweets sold, but they all have different methods for cooking them and locals each have their own favourite cart.
Next up, board a local bus, heading along Wailoaloa Beach and passing by a village and a few urban neighborhoods. Forget the typical tourist bus with closed windows and Wi-Fi. Instead you are hoping on a traditional bus with open windows, offering up a wide-angle view of life outside, and a breezy ride.
Arriving at the Martintar area, you will stop for a refreshing coconut juice. These juices are sold by unemployed youths trying to make a living for themselves, and you’ll get to talk with some of the coconut vendors and learn what inspired them to start selling coconut juice.
After your walk through Martintar, you will stop for lunch and dig into a delicious Fijian meal at a popular locally owned restaurant.
Departure Point :Tappoo, Lot 1, Waikamu Subdivision Nadi, Nadi, Fiji
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress standard: Please wear casual summer attire, such as shorts and a t-shirt.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.