Private Tour: Full day Sogeri Cross-Country Hike - see primitive rock art
A Port Moresby day trip with a difference - we'll drive you by private car from the heat and dust of the city up to the cool scenic Sogeri Plateau and hand you over to our experienced local walking guides who will accompany you on a four to six hour hike around the countryside south of Sogeri in the Lake Sirinumu area. Follow a combination of country lanes, four wheel drive tracks, rainforest foot-trails and village garden paths to experience the Sogeri backwoods - opening rolling downs, small farming hamlets, old rubber plantations, rich green rainforest, wade through creeks, spot birds, butterflies and wallabies. There is an optional side-trek to the little-known Ifakaruku rock shelter which is covered in primitive art that has not yet been assessed or protected by the national museum and is being eroded and vandalised year after year so... last chance to see!
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Boxed lunch
- Separate driver and walking guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
Hike in the picturesque countryside around the Sogeri Plateau and the Sirinumu Dam catchment area with optional side trip to the Ifakaruku rock shelter to see primitive rock art.
• Sirinumu Dam, Port Moresby Papua New Guinea
• Sogeri, Sogeri, Central Province, Papua Region
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off at your hotelAirports
- Jackson Field, Port Moresby Papua New Guinea
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A lot of walking over uneven terrain is involved - minimum of average physical fitness is required.
- Not suitable for infants, children, the aged, frail, mobility disabled or heart patients.
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship or flight
- In the case of moderately wet weather (eg patchy rain, occasional downpours) the tour will proceed - umbrellas and rain ponchos will be provided. In case of extreme weather (eg continuous heavy rain) rendering the hiking unsafe or impractical, the tour may be cancelled at short notice at the sole discretion of our local guide and an alternative date offered, or full refund.
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.