Sailing initiation and lagoon discovery with a self-crafted canoe
Experience traditional sailing with my double-sail canoe, which I built myself on my native island
My crew and I, are passionate about our ocean, traditions and the construction of traditional canoes. We would love to share our knowledge with you.
You will be able to participate and learn how to steer the ship and set sail…
With Vaapiti, you will be completely immersed and be part of the adventure !
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snorkeling gear
- Water, fruit juices, coconut snacks, tropical fruits
- Transfers if shared. Please contact us in advance. Free between the Linareva Hotel and the Intercontinental
What's excluded :
Vaapiti was hand-made in Moorea and we would for love you to join us in discovering traditional, Polynesian sailing with our "va'a" (polynesian canoe), built by your Captain, Raphaël.
With Vaapiti, you will be able to experience sailing by learning how to steer the ship and hoist the sails. You will discover unique places rich in history and biodiversity. (sandbanks, Tropical fish, rays, sharks, motu, underwater tikis, reefs and some secret spots...).
On board we provide a cooler with fruit, juices, and local snacks.
The crew, passionate about the ocean and culture will share with you their knowledge, stories and tales about Polynesian sailors.
This excursion has a duration of 4 hours with two different times available. In the morning between 8am and 12pm, or in the afternoon between 2pm and 6pm.
This experience is for the whole family and no sailing experience is required.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Moorea-Maiao, French Polynesia
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any accommodation around Moorea (hotels/guesthouses).Airports
- Temae Airport, French Polynesia
- Quai de Vaiare
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.