Signal Island Turtle Tour from Noumea
Noumea Turtle Tour is specially made for cruisers. We pick up you directly at the cruise ship terminal.
Get off the beaten tracks and swim with turtles in a paradise island (Signal Island) from Noumea.
4 hours to discover "wild side" of the south lagoon of New Caledonia.
Unknown from the crowd of your boat, it is the best spot to snorkel and swim with turtles in their local environment, at only 30 minutes from Noumea with our water taxi. You will be able to enjoy the magnificent white sand beach, historical trail around this island and beautiful, natural scenery brimming with marine, bird and animal life.
This tour is reserved for people under 70 years old and in good physical condition. It's a physical inflatable bumpy boat ride to go to the Island. You will snorkel by your own means. No guide, just personal instructions given by the skipper.
Swim with the turtles at Signal Island, snorkel all year round without stinger suits in this unique, protected reef island.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dal'Ocean Charter, Noumea, Grand Terre 98000 New Caledonia
Description of the tour :
10.30 AM: departure from the cruise ship terminal to SIGNAL ISLAND, with the water taxi. This is an uncovered boat : plan sunscreen and clothes to protect you from the sun. Water will splashing on your face but we have all the equipment to protect you. This tour is reserved for people under 70 years old and in good physical condition. It's a physical inflatable bumpy boat ride to go to the Island. If people can walk without any assistance and don't have any low back injury, they can do the tour.
11 AM : land on SIGNAL ISLAND
From 11.00 AM to 1.50 PM: Enjoy white sand beaches and Swim with the turtle. You can also observe colorful marine life along coral reefs, with your equipment and personal instruction from your skipper (if you need we can provided you mask and tuba). To be able to appreciate this excursions and to put all the chances on your side to see turtles: you must be experienced swimmer (comfortable in the water, know how to swim long enough). If not, you can even see colored coral and fish… We don't guarantee you will see or swim with turtles, because it depends your snorkeling level and the weather conditions. We are not on a Marineland park, the turtles are on their natural environments. Signal Island is a very good area for find & swim with turtles, about 90 % of cruisers are successful to see them…
2 PM come back to Noumea .
2.30 PM: arrival at Cruise ship terminal
Schedules may change (depending on our availabilities)
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Cruise Ship Terminal, Rue Jules Ferry, Noumea 98800, New Caledonia
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guid
- Not recommended for participants greater than 70 years of age
- Food and drinks not included in price
- Please bring swimwear, towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.