Spice of Life Superfood Tour: Taveuni Island Fiji
Be a part of this unique Taveuni Island experience in Fiji. Taste the adventure as you enjoy fresh tropical delicacies while taking in the stunning ocean views and exploring the hilltops of Fiji’s garden island. Gaiatree Sanctuary is an organic spice plantation, day club and nectar lab that takes great pleasure in serving these tours high quality superfood infused meals. After a guided tour through the lush gardens you will be served fresh herbal tonics, smoothies and refreshments. Settle in for a vegetarian meal "fresh from the farm" featuring seasonal fruits, heirloom vegetables, house made sauces and dressings, fresh breads and free range chicken eggs. Transportation to and from a central meeting point is included on this small-group tour for up to 8 guests.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Tour of the Fiji Food Forest
- 3-course vegetarian farm to table dining experience
- Fresh juices, superfood nectars, filtered spring water
- Nectar kitchen dome, day club lounge with WiFi
- 4WD transfer from/to the Qila Rd bus stand
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Gaiatree Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gaiatree Sanctuary, Navasua Road, Taveuni Island Fiji
Your adventure begins with a short 10 minute truck ride up into the beautiful hills of Fiji's garden island. You will be picked up at the bottom of the Qila Road at 10am. This transfer location is central and easy to find on the small island of Taveuni.
You'll arrive to Gaiatree Sanctuary and be presented with cool drinks and a warm welcome into the nectar kitchen. After getting settled and soaking up the ocean views a guided tour of the organic farm and spice gardens will begin.
A detailed tour of the gardens can be up to 2 hours including an informative journey into tropical botanicals, fruits and flowers as you travel through exotic pathways. Tours are easily customized to your group’s interests and energy levels.
After exploring, join back up at the Nectar Lounge for a relaxed, fresh and delicious lunch service. Unwind in comfort while absorbing the energy of the sanctuary. Enjoy a sip of nectar and share your island stories with new friends.
Your day at Gaiatree Sanctuary features a delicious 3 course vegetarian dining experience. Ingredient-driven Fiji cuisine, harvested with love in the morning and served with a healthy array of house made sauces, dressings, juices, smoothies, teas and herbal infusions.
The sanctuary is being developed with permaculture principles, to establish a productive natural ecosystem and to work towards energy self sufficiency. Gardens include a developing food forest with over 50 varieties of fruit trees, holistic herbs and super foods including cocoa, acai, vanilla, starfruit, peppercorns and turmeric.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Centrally located meeting point on Taveuni IslandAddress: At the junction of the Main Coast Road and the Qila Road, between Somosomo village and MateiThere is a covered bus stand at this central locationDates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please per-arrange your morning drop off and afternoon pickup at the transit point for the tour - The Qila (Gilla) Road Bus Stop. Pickup is @ 10am sharp and you will require prearranged transport to get home from the same location @ 3:30pm. Transport can be per-arranged with your hotel or local taxis.
- Garden pathways are of different grades, some areas can be slippery at times. We do our best to ensure safe conditions but please bring suitable footwear for the current conditions. This is a jungle farm – there are dogs, cats, chickens and sometimes mosquitoes too, please bring some natural bug spray if you feel you will need it.
- During monsoon season, October to April, Taveuni can experience very wet weather. We watch the forecasts carefully and with your safety in mind reserve the right to cancel tours due to weather conditions. This is a rare occurrence and includes a full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.