Ultimate Snorkel with Sharks Encounter in Fiji
See the majestic beauty of picture perfect Kuata Island on this full day, small group cruise and snorkel with reef sharks. Barefoot Kuata Resort is nestled along a white sandy beach on picturesque Kuata Island with magnificent tall peaks and huge honeycomb rock formations and transparent turquoise waters where you can go snorkelling with reef sharks. Just crystal clear water between you and the sharks, this is the ultimate adrenaline rush experience!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Return coach transfers from most Nadi, Denarau and Wailoaloa hotels and resorts to Port Denarau.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard the vessel.
- Full Use of Barefoot Kuata Resort facilities.
- Participation Certificate
- All snorkeling equipment and buoyancy aids if required
- Lunch at Barefoot Kuata Resort (vegetarian option available on request)
- Guided Ultimate Encounters snorkeling with sharks experience
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Diving (available to purchase)
- Massage (available to purchase)
Departing Port Denarau daily you’ll board our high -speed catamaran and travel through the Mamanuca Islands bound for Barefoot Kuata Resort in the Southern Yasawa Islands.
Kuata Island boasts a picture-perfect beach transparent turquoise waters, unusual rock formation and same warm hospitality synonymous with Fijian people. There is rustic Robinson Crusoe styled accommodation with the comfort of a restaurant, bar, hammocks and three swimming pools.
Following your briefing on the beachfront you’ll board a boat with your guides and travel to our snorkelling with reef sharks site. Departure time vary depending on tides and sea conditions. For the reminder of the day
For the reminder of the day enjoy lunch and make use of the facilities at Barefoot Kuata Resort which offers snorkeling, kayaks and scenic walking tracks.
You will be provided with safety instructions from the experienced guides. who’ve spent hundreds of hours getting to know the resident school of sharks.
Buoyancy aids are available for less confident swimmers and because these sharks prefer shallow waters there’s no necessity to dive under the water to secure a thrilling view.
• Kuata Island, Kuata Island, Yasawa Islands
Departure Point :Denarau Island, Denarau Island, Viti Levu
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Nadi Intl Airport, Nadi, Viti Levu Fiji
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Is it safe?
- Yes. You’ll be provided with safety instruction from our experienced guides who’ve spent hundreds of hours getting to know our resident school of sharks. Our guides will be in the water with you the entire time and will closely monitor the sharks behaviour to ensure your safety.
- What type of sharks will I see?
- There are two main species of sharks encountered, White Tip Reef Sharks and Black Tip Reef Sharks, both are common in the tropical warm waters of the South Pacific. Each species can grow to a length of just over 1.5 metres although under the water they appear 25% larger, a snorkeling face mask optical illusion. White Tips are the dominant species and are by nature an inquisitive shark not frightened to check you out. Their Black Tip relatives are by contrast timid and will shy away if they feel threatened.
- How many sharks will I see?
- Numbers vary but it is common to see up to six sharks.
- How deep is the water?
- Both Black Tip and White Tip Reef Sharks prefer shallower waters making snorkeling easy with good visibility. It’s even possible to see the sharks from our boat before entering the water. Water depth varies between 4 - 6 metres depending on the tide.
- What if I’m not a good swimmer, haven’t snorkeled before or don’t want to snorkel but my travelling companion does?
- Buoyancy aids are available for less confident swimmers and because these sharks prefer shallow waters there’s no necessity to dive under the water to secure a thrilling view. Non-snorkelers can join the day but sit out the snorkeling experience.
- Our Shark Guarantee
- As Sharks are wild animals we cannot guarantee sightings however we have a 95% +success rate of sighting sharks. In the event that you don’t see any sharks we are happy for you to return for a complimentary “Ultimate Encounter - Snorkel with Sharks” within 3 days of your original cruise.
- If poor weather and sea conditions result in the cancellation of the 'Snorkeling with Sharks experience,' a substitute snorkeling safari will be provided.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.