Volcano Scenic Flight and Epi Island Eco Tour
The archipelago of Vanuatu has some of the world’s most active volcanoes. This seven-hour tour begins with a scenic flight over two active volcanoes. The tour includes a stop at Epi Island for a bite to eat, a boat tip to Lamen Island and the chance to see and snorkel with turtles and dugongs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Airport/Resort transfers
- Scenic Flight over three active volcanoes
- Morning tea at Sunset Bungalows
- Boat trip to Lamen Island
- Chance to see/swim/snorkel with turtles and dugongs
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Departure tax
- At 0730 in the morning you will be collected from your resort and transferred to the airport. The scenic flight takes you over breathtakingly beautiful reefs and islets before reaching the first volcano. Lopevi Volcano is a classically conical shaped island rising dramatically out of the ocean to over 4,000 feet. A little further north from Lopevi, Ambrym Island’s volcanoes are regularly included in the list of earth’s most active volcanoes. They have been in a continuous state of eruption for over 200 years. The vast moon-scape of Ambrym’s constantly smoking caldera is best viewed from the air. If the weather allows, you’ll get a chance to peer down into Ambrym’s famous lakes of lava.
Our sedate aircraft are perfect for still or video photography. The wings are on top and everyone has a window seat, affording spectacular photo opportunities.
Shortly after departure from overhead Ambrym volcano, you will touch down at Lamen Bay’s grass airstrip, on northwest Epi Island. A boat transfer will take you across the azure waters of Lamen Bay, to Sunset Bungalows, where morning tea of organic, island “kai-kai” lovingly prepared by Taso and family will be served.
After morning tea, laze on the beach or grab your snorkeling gear and search for turtles, regularly spotted feeding on the sea-grass in the bay. You will then be invited to reboard your boat for a trip to Lamen Island, in search of dugong, which are also attracted to the area by the abundant supply of sea-grass.
The flight back to Port Vila takes you over stunning Cooks Reef, completing a Vanuatu adventure you won’t soon forget.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotel reception unless specifiedDates: See AvailabilityReturn point: Hotel reception unless specified
Departure Time :0730
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.